- 2017 International Women of Courage Award
The Secretary of States’ International Women of Courage Award honors women who have demonstrated exceptional courage, strength, and leadership in acting to improve others’ lives.
- First Lady honors courageous women from around the world
First lady Melania Trump honored a group of women from around the world for their bravery in fighting for women’s empowerment and human rights, often at great personal risk.
- How Far Will Her Success Ripple Out to Others?
The poorest countries educate fewer girls.
- Proclamation honoring March 2017 as Women’s History Month
We are proud of our Nation’s achievements in promoting women’s full participation in all aspects of American life and are resolute in our commitment to supporting women’s continued advancement in America and around the world.
- Let Girls Learn
Addressing the global crisis in girls’ education requires not just investment, but challenging cultural beliefs and practices.
- Are Sports Just For Fun? Not For These Women
Girls’ participation in sports helps them to excel not only as athletes, but in life.
- Excerpts From Presidential Proclamation - Women’s Equality Day 2015
Women’s Equality Day, 2015
- Congratulations to the Two of the Bravest Women Making History in the United States!
“Valor knows no gender.”
- Statement of President Barack Obama Commemorating International Women’s Day
Commemorating International Women’s Day
- Sowing Seeds of Empowerment: Small Loans to Afghan Women Growers
Women’s access to loans and financial services in Afghanistan has been woefully low. Now, hundreds of women have access and business is better than ever.
- USAID Honors Survivors and Heroes of Gender-Based Violence
USAID honors survivors and heroes of gender-based violence
- A Pivotal Moment for Women and Girls
We need action if we hope to meaningfully address gender-based violence, sexual violence in conflicts, reduce poverty and provide opportunities for economic growth.