Event: Heightened Middle East Tensions
There is heightened tension in the Middle East that may result in security risks to U.S. citizens abroad.
As outlined in its Travel Advisory, the U.S. Department of State recommends against U.S. citizen travel to Iran. Those U.S. citizens that must reside in or travel to Iran should exercise heightened caution.
Actions to Take:
- Keep a low profile.
- Avoid demonstrations or large gatherings.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists
- Review your personal security plans.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- U.S. Virtual Embassy to Iran
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Iran Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.